Festivals in the Coachella Valley:
The Coachella Valley is home to a number of popular festivals that take place throughout the year. Here is a list of some of the festivals that are held in the Coachella Valley, along with a brief description of each. BUT FIRST! POWER TRIP!!
Power Trip: A Festival for Hardcore and Metal Fans
Golden Voice, the same team that organizes Coachella and Stagecoach, has brought a new festival to the music scene: Power Trip. This NEW festival is geared towards fans of hardcore and metal music. Featuring a lineup of over 40 bands, Power Trip is a celebration of heavy music and the communities that surround it.
The festival is named after the now-defunct hardcore band Power Trip, which was known for their high-energy live shows and politically charged lyrics. The band’s frontman, Riley Gale, passed away in 2020, but his legacy lives on through the festival that bears his band’s name.
Power Trip takes place over two days in Los Angeles, California. The festival grounds are located at the Shrine Expo Hall, a historic venue that has hosted countless concerts over the years. In addition to the main stage, there are several smaller stages throughout the festival grounds, each featuring their own lineup of bands.
The festival’s lineup is a who’s who of hardcore and metal bands. Some of the most notable performers at the inaugural Power Trip festival included Deafheaven, Turnstile, Sheer Mag, and Vein. The festival also features up-and-coming bands and local acts, giving attendees the opportunity to discover new music and support emerging artists.
One of the standout features of Power Trip is its commitment to inclusivity and diversity. In addition to featuring a diverse lineup of performers, the festival has also implemented a number of policies aimed at creating a safe and welcoming environment for all attendees. This includes a zero-tolerance policy for harassment and discrimination, as well as gender-neutral restrooms and accessible seating areas for disabled attendees.
The festival also features a variety of food and drink options, as well as merchandise vendors selling band t-shirts and other memorabilia. There are also a number of on-site activities, including photo booths and interactive installations.
Overall, Power Trip is a festival for fans of hardcore and metal music who are looking for a high-energy, immersive experience. With its diverse lineup, commitment to inclusivity, and prime location in Los Angeles, it’s quickly becoming one of the most exciting festivals on the music calendar.
Other related Festivals and concerts from the area:
- Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival – This is the most well-known festival in the Coachella Valley, and it is held annually in April. Coachella is a multi-day music and arts festival that features a diverse lineup of musical acts, as well as art installations and other interactive experiences. It is located at the Polo Grounds in Indio.
- Stagecoach is a country music festival that is also held annually in Indio. The festival is typically held in late April and features a diverse lineup of country music acts, as well as food, drink, and other attractions. Stagecoach is known for its laid-back, fun-filled atmosphere, and it attracts tens of thousands of attendees from all over the country.
Coachella and Stagecoach are walking distance from the Coachella Estate, and are X miles from the Jack Estate, and X miles from Windmill Vista. They are also X miles from our Borrego Springs properties Starlit Ranch and Moonlit Retreat. Despite the distance, the drive from these properties can go quickly as there is not much Festival traffic coming from this direction.
- Palm Springs International Film Festival – This film festival is held annually in January and features a wide range of films from around the world. The festival also includes workshops, panel discussions, and other events.
- Palm Springs International ShortFest – This short film festival is held annually in June and features a wide range of short films from around the world. The festival also includes workshops, panel discussions, and other events.
- Palm Springs International Dance Festival – This dance festival is held annually in January and features a wide range of dance performances from around the world. The festival also includes workshops, panel discussions, and other events.
- Palm Springs International Comedy Festival – This comedy festival is held annually in November and features a wide range of comedic performances from around the world. The festival also includes workshops, panel discussions, and other events.
- While no longer occurring, many folks speculate about the return of Desert Trip, or a similar Festival. Desert Trip was a music festival that was held in October 2016 in Indio, California, in the Coachella Valley. The festival was a one-time event that featured a lineup of classic rock bands and musicians, including:
- The Rolling Stones
- Paul McCartney
- Bob Dylan
- The Who
- Roger Waters
Desert Trip was known for its star-studded lineup and was marketed as a “once in a lifetime” event. The festival took place at the Empire Polo Club, which is the same venue that hosts the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival.
In addition to the music, Desert Trip also featured a variety of food and drink vendors, as well as other attractions such as art installations and interactive experiences. The festival was well-attended and received positive reviews from fans and critics alike. It is unclear if Desert Trip will be held again in the future.